- 2Schools Consortium - School-based initial teacher training through the GTP route. UK.
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education - Includes news, publications, meetings, teacher preparation information, professional development, and state chapters.
- Assessing Teachers' Effectiveness - Contains information and discussion concerning the following conceptual aspects of assessing teachers' effectiveness: purposes; category of teachers to be assessed; conceptions of teachers' work; dimensions of teacher quality; approach to establishing validity of assessments.
- Education Interview Questions - The types of questions teacher candidates should ask their interviewers.
- Educator Preparation in Ohio - Information on educator preparation programs, educator standards, upcoming conferences, and a report on the quality of teacher education in the state of Ohio are presented.
- Hip Teacher - Weblog covering the whole first year out of college as a teacher.
- Illinois New Teacher Collaborative - Resources and programs for new K-12 teachers to promote collaboration among all stakeholders concerned with recruiting and retaining quality teachers for Illinois schools.
- Mentor Junction - A support environment for professionals mentoring or supervising novice teachers. Includes an integration of theory, research, and application of promising practices for promoting educator learning and personal development.
- New Teacher Center at University of California, Santa Cruz - A national resource dedicated to teacher development. Offering several support programs designed to equip the new teacher with necessary skills and support for success in the classroom.
- New Teacher Survival Guide - Includes how to get a job, teaching jokes, classroom discipline tips, and pros and cons of public and private schools.
- New Teacher University - Designed to support the professional development of educators. Includes free articles, new teacher training programs, and support products available to purchase.
- NewTeacher.com - Information about helping new teachers.
- North Bedfordshire School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) - Details about study for the Postgraduate Certificate of Education by working in schools with professional teachers.
- Primary Catholic Partnership - School-centred initial teacher training in the Southampton, UK area which promotes high standards of teaching and learning based on a Catholic philosophy of education.
- Rethinkingschools.org - Getting Students Off The Track - First-year teacher shares her experiences and insights.
- Rethinkingschools.org - Teaching to Make a Difference - A collection of advice to someone who is new to the teaching profession.
- SoYouWanna Be A Teacher? - This article goes through the entire process, from certification to lesson plans, so that a person will know what to expect and how to prepare for a career in teaching.
- Survival Guide for New Teachers - From the US Department of Education.
- Teach For America - TFA is a national teacher corps of recent college graduates who commit two years to teach and to effect change in under-resourced urban and rural public schools.
- Teacher Certification Information - Credentialing and advanced degree information for beginning teachers, experienced teachers and administrators, as well as educator information for each state.
- Teacher Training Agency (UK) - An executive non-departmental public body whose purpose is to raise standards in schools by attracting able and committed people to teaching and by improving the quality of teacher training.
- The New Teacher Book - Selected articles from the book.
- The Role of Texas Physics Departments in the Preparation of K-12 Science Teachers - Summary of a conference held March 6-7, 2002 at Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogdoches, Texas.
- Thoughts on Teach for America - A former Teach for America corps member reflects on the program and offers advice to prospective applicants.
- What to Expect Your First Year of Teaching - Dedicated to the first year teacher. The site manages to articulate the primary challenges and rewards of teaching in a clear and succinct way, using the words of the teachers themselves. New and Veteran teachers respond to issues ranging from professional isolation to differences in student ability to the unexpected exhilaration of this demanding career.
|Caution: It has come to our attention that certain spammers have spoofed email with reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. The owner of Information.org has no relation with these emails whatsoever. Some of the emails may be related to scams known as Advance Fee Fraud. Please read the FTC Consumer Alert. (In Spanish: FTC Alerta para Consumidores)|
Last update: May 4, 2013 20:23:44. Information.org is a private web site.