- AGORA - Provides access to over 500 journals from major scientific publishers in the fields of food, agriculture, environmental science and related social sciences. AGORA is available to students and researchers in qualifying not-for-profit institutions in eligible developing countries.
- Book Aid International - Provides books to libraries, hospitals, refugee camps and schools in order to support literacy, education, training and publishing in over 40 countries around the world. Concentrates over 85% of its resources on 13 countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- International Consortium for the Advancement of Academic Publication (ICAAP) - Technological support for the delivery of scholarly content. Develops protocols for the delivery of scholarly content, provides software for journal management and publication, hosts a database of free scholarly journals and resources.
- International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD) - Assists developing countries to realise locally owned sustainable development by harnessing the potential of information and communication technologies (ICTs).
- International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications - INASP. Its mission is to enhance the flow of information within and between countries, especially those with less developed systems of publication and dissemination.
- James Burke's Knowledge Web - Digital incarnation of the James Burke's television programs. Visitors can create their own pathways through history, contribute content and investigate virtual reality learning spaces.
- Open Knowledge Definition - Provides criteria for openness in relation to data, content, and software services.
- Open Society Institute - OSI. Promotes the development and maintenance of open societies around the world through an array of activities dealing with educational, social, legal, and health care reform.
- Public Library of Science - PLoS. Non-profit organization of scientists committed to making the world's scientific and medical literature freely accessible to scientists and to the public around the world. Promotion of free access online journals and eprints archives.
- The Essential Electronic Agricultural Library (TEEAL) - A full-text and bibliographic CD-ROM library of over 140 of the world's most important scientific journals in the field of agriculture. It is available well below cost to over 100 of the lowest-income food deficit countries, as listed in the World Bank's World Development Report.
- The Open Knowledge Foundation - Not-for-profit organization promoting open knowledge. Includes information on its various database projects, events, a blog, and how to get involved and provide support.
|Caution: It has come to our attention that certain spammers have spoofed email with reference to email@example.com. The owner of Information.org has no relation with these emails whatsoever. Some of the emails may be related to scams known as Advance Fee Fraud. Please read the FTC Consumer Alert. (In Spanish: FTC Alerta para Consumidores)|
Last update: May 4, 2013 20:23:42. Information.org is a private web site.